“The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every other calling, is diligence. Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.” — Abraham Lincoln
Polkally is leaving nothing for tomorrow which can be done today, unlike any other traditional marketplace. We are through diligence putting much effort into bringing to the realization our long-term vision of an interoperable, decentralized, and user-focused marketplace (prioritizing users first above all else thanks to our upcoming DAO).
We’re looking at the future needs of gamers, artists, collectors, and traders: NFTs that could be traded across several EVM-based blockchains as well as Polkadot without the disadvantage of centralization. We’ve brought together the best developers and designers to create one of the most user-friendly and interoperable auction marketplaces ever.
Here is an IT summary of what we built in July:
- ERC721: For NFTs with a single copy.
- ERC1155: For NFTs with multiple copies.
- Externalized Storage: Helps us build different versions and upgrades and still maintaining user data.
- Categories: We are grouping marketplace items into various categories. Categories can have subcategories; For example, the ‘Music’ category can have a child or subcategory called ‘HipHop’.
- Marketplace Listing: Listing of NFT items within the marketplace; There are 3 types of NFTs: listed, public, and private. Listed NFTs will be browsable in the marketplace where users can bid, buy and/or sell.
- Our Own Yield Farming: Allow people who lock a certain amount of Ether (ETH) into our Uniswap pool to be rewarded in the form of KALLYs.
- Our Own Token Bridge: Allow people to swap KALLY from Ethereum to Binance Smart Chain, from Binance Smart Chain to Polygon, and vice versa.
Awesome progress, right? 😉
We are conducting internal audits to ensure that everything is compliant and this is just the beginning as August will be oriented towards:
- Polkally’s Backend.
- The Polkally DAO.
- Our Own NFT Bridge.
Here is an estimate of our current deadlines:
- November 2021: Closed beta (testnet) + bug bounty, code optimization, and audits.
- December 2021: Open beta (testnet) + bug bounty, code optimization, and audits.
- January 2022: Live version (mainnet) with flawless and fully audited code.
As the NFT craze keeps raging, users will soon need cross-chain NFT solutions. Polkally isn’t seating around doing nothing with this impending futuristic downturn, notes are been taking and plans are being made to curtail this challenge.
Thank you for being patient with us as we #BUIDL excellence! 😊
New IT recaps will be available as we move forward in our roadmap, so stay tuned! 📢
Polkally is a P2P auction platform for NFTs, powered by Substrate & IPFS
Our goal is to build the most interoperable and user-friendly marketplace ever, allowing artists and everyday people to unleash the true power of virtual artworks
The project was launched in mid-February 2021 and is still under development