Third Rail Art’s Empowering Mural NFT Offering.
NFT-4-GOOD is a project of Third Rail Art, an emerging cultures incubator that uses Web3 technology to show the world the beauties of a distant Mexican arts festival. More precisely, the non-profit initiative entails collaborating with a fraction of the Akumal Arts Festival’s 100 artists to adapt their murals into digital artwork NFTs.
The 2022 collection of Akumal Arts Festival NFTs will be available on its own NFT platform Danae.io on June 10th at 4PM EST, as well as on Decentraland, and will comprise 18 animated NFT murals by 20 artists, with two editions of each artwork (so 36 in total).
Although not yet revealed, each NFT will be imbued with a brilliant, colorful, and narrative animation created by on-chain mural specialists Cryptic Gallery.
The NFTs will be stored on the Polygon blockchain and will be available for purchase in $MATIC. From here, the Akumal Cultural Foundation will get 85 percent of each primary sale to support community initiatives, with the remaining 15 percent utilized to cover development costs.
To further empower local artists, they will also get a 10% royalty share on any secondary market sale of their two mural NFTs.
Third Rail intends to introduce as many metaverse explorers as possible to the magic generated in the little village of Akumal by displaying the murals in Decentraland (-26,140). As a result, visitors who were previously unaware of the initiative may now visit the exhibition and learn about the Akumal Cultural Foundation, its annual arts festival, and the creative and socially beneficial NFT-4-GOOD project.
The event will be held in a two-story open air arena that will serve as a virtual doorway into Akumal itself. Each of the 18 murals’ photos will be displayed on the gallery’s white walls, framed by a background inspired by lush palm palms and vivid blue skies.
About Kally 👑
Kally is a P2P auction platform for NFTs, powered by Substrate & IPFS. Our goal is to build the most interoperable and user-friendly NFTs marketplace ever, allowing artists and everyday people to unleash the true power of the virtual world.